My job was clearly very important. I would also take many annoying photos of my husband while he was trying to do this.
Because our window stops were only an inch wide, we had to center the bracket on them and use the big square holes for the screws. Is this ideal? I'm not sure, but that is the way it worked.
Once these were mounted, the blinds snapped in and the magnetic valance simply got stuck on. Easy! I do have to mention that all the valance pieces were a quarter inch too short to cover the blind frame, so I will be contacting Select Blinds about it. Pretty annoying.
The color I chose for the blinds is Pecan, It's a nice warm color that looks great with our floors. Blinds are pretty necessary in here, since our neighbors are about 15 feet away and the right window looks directly into our bathroom. We don't always close the door all the way while in the bathroom, are we the only ones?
In the living room, the windows have been blindless since we bought the house in 2008. We never really feel exposed in here being pretty far from the street, but I still wanted the added privacy of blinds to deter possible baby-stealers. You never know...
The day is cloudy and I have pregnancy brain and can't operate my camera too well these days, so here's the best pic I could come up with for the 'afters'....
We also added some new sash lifts to the windows, we haven't had hardware on these windows since we got them installed in 2010. I didn't want to pay for Marvin lifts when I could find cheaper ones myself, famous last words until two years later. I chose these nice, solid brass ones from House of Antique Hardware:
For $25 including shipping, I'm sure we saved at least $75 from what Marvin would charge for the same thing. I'm so happy these windows are finally complete!
And, here is an exersaucer we put together yesterday. I think the assembly made Shaun bleed, baby things are serious!
I guess I should just get used to seeing brightly-colored plastic in my living room....