But before I could put everything back, I needed to spend an evening with some frog tape and trim paint, fixing up the baseboards. I had some left from the nursery-esqe stripes (and granny sheers, whoa!) that I did in here when we moved in....
.....so I busted it out for protecting the new floors. The baseboards were in the same boat as those in the closet. Stain, poly and general yuck on them.
As soon as I got the tape down and the paint out, I had quite a crowd surrounding me. If you consider 2 cats a crowd.
What is it with cats and painting? They either love the smell, or love that I spend lots of time pushing them away, inadvertently 'playing' with them.
I don't think it's a good thing that he probably licked this paint off his nose.
This is what it usually looks like whenever I'm painting trim. Max will run around the house with white streaks all over his cheeks, tail and ears.
The frog tape worked well to protect the floor.
The line was even and pretty perfect when I removed the tape.
There were a couple spots that needed to be touched up a little, but that is to be expected when you leave the tape down long enough to do two coats before removal.
I like Frog tape, but I don't think it works any better in this application than cheaper blue painters tape. I know many people rave about using frog tape for wall stripes, but as far as painting trim, either works for me. Maybe I should have put some on my face!